Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hockey

Thaniel's hockey team did well at the playdowns in Fond du lac this past weekend. They won both their games, and therefore won their chance to compete at State. So, Spooner it is this year for State.
Have been looking for work, but not much luck as of yet. Two of my past co-workers now have facilities of their own- Ann opened her own facility in Slinger, and Lynn is administrator at a facility here in West Bend. They both told me not to hesitate to call them if and when I decided to come back to work, since they knew I wouldn't be returning to Cedar Community (they weren't willing to work something out with me as far as a new part-time work schedule- either come back full-time, or not at all is what it pretty much came down to). I need weekend work only, so that has been difficult to find. They both only have prn work right now (fill in when others are absent from illness or vacation), so I may just do that and be patient until something more opens up. All other places locally are either not hiring for 3rd shift, or are hiring, but for part-time, which includes weekdays, which won't work for us due to Kendel's work schedule during the week. And if I worked weeknights, I would never get any sleep since I'd be up alone with Isabel all day, and only nap when she has her hour or so nap. I'm getting too old for no sleep like I used to do when working full-time 3rd when Abby was little. It took a huge toll on me, both physically and mentally. I was so burnt out all the time from exhaustion- got sick often. Don't want to go through that again. I need to get sleep to function. I'm still not sleeping well ever since leaving work after having Isabel. After working 3rd for so many years, I'm so used to being a night owl. Don't get to sleep most nights until after 1 am, and have to be up after 7:30am to get Abby off to school. Right after I usually just fall asleep is when Isabel gets up to nurse in the middle of the night, so then it is really hard to get back to sleep after that again. So, I am hoping I can find someplace closeby that will allow me to work every weekend (every Friday and Saturday night).
Hope everyone is doing well. Happy belated Valentine's Day! And thanks to those who wished me a happy 34th birthday- I'm getting old!!!!!!!!

No comments: